Experience in UNIX based systems, such as Linux or *BSD and should have at least 3 to 7 years of experience in similar roles. Experience in kernel
level programming such as drivers and module mandatory. Experience in TCP/IP stack a strong plus.
- Highly skilled in C development.
- Hands on experience with kernel programming in Linux, BSD or other RTOS.
- Must have good knowledge of IP, UDP and TCP network protocols, as well as routing protocols.
- Understanding of QoS principles, Policy based Routing, Firewalling and Virtualization.
- Experience with Unix (FreeBSD or Linux) operating systems, Python scripting.
- Experience with code versionning software (Git, SVN, etc).
- Strong understanding of locking principals.
- Develop new tools and software components to enrich and improve XipOS embedded platforms, primarily addressing issues with scalability and teaching the platform to do new packet mangling tricks.
- Research and development into new WAN optimization techniques.
- Provide engineering level and high quality customer support for specialized embedded deployment both directly to the customers, or to the XipLink support team.
- Assisting in documentation and information sharing procedures within the XipLink team.
- Assist in porting and optimization of XipLink software to other operating systems.
- Assist in the porting of XipLink software to other hardware platforms.
- Contributing ideas for how to further enhance the XipLink product line and be prepared to adapt to new requirements and resulting tasks and responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Equivalent, Master's preferred.
Location: Plateau district, Montréal, QC. Great office view overlooking the mountain! Parking nearby may available for the right candidates. Remote may be considered.
Benefits and bonus package available.
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2