Summary: The ideal candidate is bright and looking for broad challenges that only a small company can provide. You’ll work closely with our customers and will support the sales team to integrate, install and support our solutions.
Sales related functions:
- Work together with assigned sales representative as technical expert to acquire new accounts in specific vertical. This will include on-site sales visits.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Support related functions:
- Acting as 2nd level support to customers, escalate 3rd level to support team
- Responding to assigned customer support requests within agreed time limits
- Troubleshooting customer system and network problems in diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Providing procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Travelling as required from time to time for customer on-site assistance
Internal Support functions:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications related to customer network simulations
- Assisting with product verification and testing of specific customer requests or new features.
- Working with our worldwide systems engineers for escalated issues and advanced support
Assisting in the design and implementation of improved documentation and information sharing procedures within the XipLink team.
- Generating documentation and contributing to user manuals.
- Contributing ideas for how to further enhance the XipLink product line and be prepared to adapt to new requirements and resulting tasks and responsibilities.
- Virtually anything else that may be required by virtue of the fact that XipLink is a small and growing company that demands versatility from all employees.
Requirements and qualifications:
This technical and hands-on position requires the candidate to work in a team and individual work setting contributing to all aspects of system integration including customer requirements, design, design review, testing, validation and implementation.
Technical project management and coordination will also form part of the SE responsibilities. Applicants should feel comfortable using UNIX based systems, such as Linux or FreeBSD and should have at least 5 to 7 years of experience in similar or adjacent roles. Experience in TCP/IP networking a must and exposure to satellite or wireless technologies and Hypervisors a plus.
The candidate should have the ability to work independently with little supervision. Frequent travel might be required, about 30% of the time, mostly in North America but some international.
Location: Ashburn, Virginia
Salary: Commensurate with experience
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2