Posted September 9th, 2021
Location: Pretoria, South Africa.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with occasional flextime as needed.
Language: Excellent English skills.
Travel required: Minimal to None.
- Responsible for company support ticket management and oversight, focused primarily on our customers in the Europe, Middle East and Africa time zones.
- Providing 1st and 2nd level support to customers, escalate 3rd level to software development team
- Troubleshooting customer system and network problems providing solutions for hardware/software problems related to telecom networks. Support provided via phone, online messaging or remote access and screen sharing.
- Assisting with hardware return merchandise authorization (RMA) requests from customers
- Actively update, maintain and monitor all major customer account installations (remotely)
- Providing procedural documentation, relevant reports and contributing to user manuals.
- Contributing ideas for how to further enhance the XipLink product line and be prepared to adapt to new requirements and resulting tasks and responsibilities.
- Virtually anything else that may be required by virtue of the fact that XipLink is a small and growing company that demands versatility from all employees.
- Good communications skills and team player.
- Ability to write grammatically correct English and as well as spoken fluency in English.
- Extensive knowledge and 5 years of experience with TCP/IP, routing and firewalls. CCNA or greater a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience with system administration of UNIX-based systems. Unix shell scripting and Python a plus
- Good knowledge and experience of Linux KVM/qemu and VMWare ESXi.
- Knowledge of mobile and satellite networking.
- Capable of computer and server assembly.
- Experience working for a software development company.
- Working knowledge of Zendesk, JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of mobile and satellite networking, with protocol knowledge of GTP a plus
- Understanding of IPSec VPN configuration, with knowledge of X.509 certificates a plus
- Capable of Computer and server assembly
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2