XipLink is a fast moving and exciting software development company in the field of WAN optimization for wireless networks.
Our products facilitate internet / networking access in demanding environments that use satellite, cellular and point-to-point
RF links. This is an opportunity to develop your career in networking technology and protocols working as part of a team of
world-class IP networking experts.
1. 1) IT Infrastructure Support (Approx. 30% of time or 1-2 days/week)
Maintenance, support and setup of test, development and IT networks / services:
- Debugging and resolving internal network issues.v
- Setup of new infrastructure (including real and virtualized systems).
- Rack & cabling cleanup, reconfiguring equipment and decommissioning of old equipment.
- Network switch, router and firewall configuration and maintenance.
- Responsible for automated system backups.
2) TAC (Technical Assistance Center) (Approx. 30% of time or 1-2 days/week)
Receive customer calls and open service requests as needed:
- Troubleshooting customer system and network problems.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware and software faults.
- For simple issues, provide immediate issue resolution.
- For more complex issues, escalate to field/support team.
- Reproduce customer issues to support development, test and field teams.
- Handling customer RMA’s including basic hardware fault identification.
3) Testing Specialist (Approx. 40% of time or 2 days/week)
Testing of XipLink WAN optimization product line features and scenarios:
- Run manual functional, performance and regression tests.
- Analyze test results from automated test infrastructure.
- Open bug reports for new issues found in test and in the field.
- Test bug fixes and develop new test cases.
- Good communication skills in English with French, Spanish or any other language a plus.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills essential.
- Experience in Unix system administration (FreeBSD or Linux OS) with shell scripting a plus.
- Knowledge and practical experience of networking technologies such as switches, routers (Cisco
or Juniper experience a plus), firewalls and wireless networking.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with a wide variety of network protocols including
Ethernet, VLANs, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, RIP, OSPF, BGP, TCP, HTTP, SNMP.
- Basic software development or scripting experience in Python or similar language(s).
- Familiarity with virtual machine technology (VMware, KVM, VirtualBox) a definite plus.
Location:Montréal, QC. Great office view overlooking the mountain!
Benefits and bonus package available.
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2