The ideal candidate is bright, self-motivated and a team player looking for a challenge and an
opportunity to be part of a highly skilled team of engineers. You will be helping the engineering
team to develop a new generation of automated test framework eventually adding, maintaining and
improving the automated test suite. You must have a great knowledge of python, test methodologies
and are experienced with test frameworks like Pytest, TCP/IP networking, UNIX and virtual machine
XipLink’s products are globally deployed in wireless networks to enhance the performance and
efficiency of our customers’ services. The XipLink team includes world class experts in networking
protocols and network systems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Equivalent
Experience in UNIX based systems, such as Linux or *BSD and should have at least 4 to 5 years of
experience in similar or adjacent roles. Experience in programming with python is essential.
Understanding of unit test frameworks and writing unit tests is a must. Experience with designing,
developing for and organizing automation tests is a must. Experience in TCP/IP networking is
necessary and exposure to satellite or wireless technologies is a plus.
- Highly skilled in Python development.
- Good communications skills including written and spoken fluency in English.
- Able to work independently but also enjoy working as an integral part of a small, fast-paced team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher educational level with around 4, or more, years of relevant experience.
- High attention to detail and demonstrated experience in software programming for testing and QA.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with TCP/IP networking, especially TCP and HTTP protocols.
- Must have good knowledge of IP, UDP and TCP network protocols, as well as routing protocols.
- Understanding of QoS principles, Policy based Routing, Firewalling and Virtualization.
- Experience with Unix (FreeBSD or Linux) operating systems.
- Experience with code versioning software (Git, SVN) and bug tracking software (JIRA).
XipLink has been widely regarded as having the best user interfaces among it's competitors. We set the
- Actively take part with the team building the next generation of automated test framework and tests
for the XipOS based product line.
- Develop new tools and software components to enrich and improve the test framework.
- Assisting in documentation and information sharing procedures within the XipLink team.
- Assistance with appliance test and preparation if necessary.
- Contributing ideas for how to further enhance the XipLink product line and be prepared to adapt to
new requirements and resulting tasks and responsibilities.
Plateau district, Montréal, QC. Great office view overlooking the mountain! Parking nearby may available for the right candidates.
Benefits and bonus package available.
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2